New Investigator Award
A prize of maximum $500.00 will be awarded at the Perinatal Society NZ Annual Scientific Meeting, for Best Oral or Poster Presentation.
The aim of the award is to encourage new clinicians or scientists training in an area related to perinatal medicine with the aim of rewarding excellence and supporting the perinatal medicine researchers of the future.
To be eligible for a New Investigator Award the following criteria apply:
- Presenter and first author of submitted abstract.
- Have not received the award before.
- Enrolled full time or part time in research degree (Bachelor, Honours, Masters, PhD) or within 5 years of award of Bach/Hons degree or 2 years of a postgraduate research degree. OR
- Involved in research and a first author for presentation of research findings at scientific meetings for less than 5 years.
- If you wish to be considered for a New Investigator Award this must be noted on your abstract at the time of submission.
The grant is to be used for attendance at a perinatal conference at which the applicant is presenting an abstract. It is expected that the successful applicant will make a formal report on the conference to the Society for publication in the PSNZ Newsletter.
To be eligible for a Travelling Scholarships the following criteria apply:
- If applying for travel assistance to present at the Perinatal Society of New Zealand ASM or PSANZ ASM the applicant must be a current member OR
- If applying for travel assistance to present at another perinatal conference the applicant must be a current member and demonstrate commitment to the Perinatal Society of New Zealand or PSANZ e.g. membership for >12 months or presentation at a previous Perinatal Society of New Zealand ASM or PSANZ ASM.
All applications must include:
- A letter of application outlining the conference to be attended.
- Membership status (i.e. how long you have been a member and what status).
- A copy of your submitted abstract with evidence of acceptance.
- Details of other means of support for conference attendance.
- If a student, a letter of confirmation of student status from your supervisor.
Indigenous Health Award
A prize of maximum $500.00 will be awarded at the Perinatal Society NZ Annual Scientific Meeting, for Best Oral or Poster Presentation by an Aotearoa New Zealand Indigenous health researcher.
The purpose of this award is to recognise and acknowledge research contributions of indigenous researchers. Examples of potential applicants might include (and not limited to) Māori health researchers, indigenous Pasifika peoples, First Nation peoples, Kaumātua and Kuia.
To be eligible for an Indigenous Health Award the nominee must:
1. Present and be first author of the submitted abstract.
2. Have not received the award before.
3. Be of indigenous descent (self-identified by the applicant).
4. Have noted their eligibility and wish for consideration for the Indigenous Health Award on the abstract at the time of submission.
The Indigenous Health Award will be assessed and awarded by a committee that includes indigenous clinicians and/or researchers, and will include an evaluation of how the project contributes to indigenous health and wellbeing (including workforce development).